Sunday, December 17, 2017

Charity Fair - 12/17/17

Summary -
Depression. Something no one should experience. But sadly there are teens that have depression or suicidal thoughts. For this years charity fair my group sold flower candles to raise funds so that no child or teen will be left alone in the dark again. Our charity is Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program. When people struggle with depression they feel they are always in the dark. We are making candles because they symbolizes how when someone is in the dark, something can light up that sad moment. Our candles would be that light.

Backward-Looking - I knew the whole run down because this is my fourth year of charity fair. The requirements were the same , but this year we had to make a campaign video as well as a calling card to lure people to donate to our charity . Another thing that was new was our mapping of where the products were bought and where they originated from. Other than that our statistics and our ignite presentation were still the same as the other 3 years.
Inward-Looking - I feel very proud about what we have done. My group honestly didn't think we were going to pull off the clear gel effect on our candles. We managed to get through the messes and confusion that the wax had given us. But one thing we could have done less of was make a huge mess around the kitchen.
Outward-Looking - I want people to see that this is a charity that I have lots of hope for because its a problem that close to me and I don't want any other teen or adult going through such a pain. I want people to see the effort my group put into our candles, I want them to see how much we truly care about raising funds for this charity.
Forward-Looking - One thing I would like to approve upon is our time management because we wouldn't really have time to finish our products and we would have to constantly be meeting up. And for our backboard my group would often forget to print paper , which didnt help as our deadlines approached quicker and quicker. And in the process of making our product we would sometimes waste up to an hour of trying to find an efficient way to remove the wax. Time management is definitely something that can be fixed to help my group thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment