Thursday, May 21, 2015

Weekly blog 05/22 - Article blog

I was reading through articles until this one caught my eye it was about Orcas.The surprising thing was that orcas 12000 lb. more than a piano!Its surprising because I thought they weighed about 600 but they weighted  12000 lb.I Can learn from this that an estimate is not always correct.
 
Summary
 This article is about the life's of Orcas. And how they live what they eat and how much they weigh.Their range and habitat and diet.
    
              Citation: "Orca." Orca. National Geographic, n.d. Web. 21 May 2015. <http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/animals/orca/>.
 
Backward-Looking: 
I only knew that Orcas where a type of mammal.And that they lived in the oceans and sometimes were used in the zoos for whale shows.And that they were slower than a car.
Inward-Looking: 
I choose this article because I am interested in animals and sea life.And this article caught my eye.And I like Orcas to because I saw their shows and it was amazing.
Outward-Looking: 
It affects the environment by telling people how important Orcas are.And they show that Orcas have their own definition of unique.
 
Forward-Looking: 
One question I have is, Do other orca pods fight?If they included that I would be okay with the rest of the article.But now Im really curious. Searching it up now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment